The benefits of light steel framing and modular construction in housing are:
- Speed of construction (up to 30% faster than traditional methods of house construction)
- Excellent performance characteristics e.g. acoustic and thermal insulation.
- High level of quality control, accuracy and freedom from shrinkage reducing call-back for defects.
- Light weight for use on poor ground, with reduced foundation requirements.
- Minimum disturbance to the locality during construction due to reduced number of deliveries.
- Waste recycling in manufacture and reduction of on-site waste.
- Compliance with Code for Sustainable Homes.
- Room in the roof systems can be constructed without difficulty.
- Can easily be extended and modified internally in the future.